Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tough Girls Guide To Getting Your Groove Back

I like the no sweat kind of exercise generally speaking. Most of you know , I am a Pilates Girl. I've had my days in the gym no doubt. It's necessary sometimes. But for the most part, I like getting my exercise in unique ways. Like sneaking it in as dancing. I like to fit in social events while doing something useful. So, when the opportunity to have fun and burn off some excess steam comes up, I'm all in. I just wish they didn't have those darn mirrors! Seriously. You go along, jamming in your own world and then POW - you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror. Yeah, usually a deal breaker for me.

I am the guinea pig of sorts. I have eaten more things than I care to admit in the name of health and yes, tried more crazy ways of getting my body moving to get those endorphins going. It's not just me that says so -even though I AM a fitness professional by the way- It's a proven fact that exercise releases stress hormones in the body ( i.e cortisol) and if exercise sounds repulsive to you - think of this: A stagnant pond with green toxins building up. That's kinda like your lymph system when your body isn't moving. Fine. I'm exaggerating a little but you get the idea. So, I am looking to round up some gal pals to explore some new fitness routines. You never know, getting in touch with the softer side of your Tough Girl could be dangerously fun!


If you can't make it to Abby Bella with the rest of the Tough Girls, you might try a dvd with dancing in the privacy of your own living room ~ preferably with no mirrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment